- bold-blondeandbeautiful reblogged this from tall-girl-problems
- waywardwanders likes this
- live-beyond-the-edge likes this
- aaalliej reblogged this from tall-girl-problems
- above-the-average likes this
- aaalliej likes this
- boisterous-wallflower likes this
- cant-he-just-beam-up reblogged this from tall-girl-problems
- lonelyflowers likes this
- gubroll likes this
- thelaner submitted this to tall-girl-problems
For all the beautiful tall girls and the problems we have to endure. Through all the teasing, feeling out of place & short hems, I'm finally coming to a point where I realized that there's nothing wrong with being a little different. People still try to tear me down about it but there will always be people doing that. These problems are mostly to make you laugh & go "OH MY GOD. THAT'S MY LIFE." But this is more than just a place to share each other's problems. It's a support group where we encourage girls to see the beauty within them (so play nice, ladies). Ask me anything & feel free to submit!
"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be and you're only as small as the world will make you seem."
I was at the airport waiting for my family to take me home, when an hunched over old woman dressed in many scarves and hats hobbled over with her cane to where I was standing. She said in a worn hoarse voice:
“You may be tall, but your also beautiful.”
I said thank you to the woman, as this statement was a compliment, but the way she phrased it made me ask myself: was height supposed to detract from beauty? I realized that that is what many of us have come to believe, and that the woman’s compliment was a reassurance of my self esteem. I am 15 and 6’1”.